Service Pickup & Delivery Within 10 Miles
Need your Hyundai serviced but don’t want to enter the dealership? No problem. Quirk Hyundai of Bangor is offering free pickup & delivery within 10 miles for your service appointment.
Questions or concerns about how we are ensuring a safe workplace for our employees and customers? Call or email to learn more about the steps we are taking.
QUIRK AUTO GROUP’S DEALERSHIP COVID-19 GUIDELINES
Personal Protective Gear, Supplies, And Clothing
- Require employees and customers to wear face coverings if within 6 feet.
- Provide gloves to employees for contact with high-touch surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting, and direct contact with customer vehicles. Gloves should be changed between vehicles.
- Wear gloves when handling customer keys and disinfect keys before and after service.
- Wear gloves when returning keys and receipts to customer in a sealed plastic bag.
- Inform your customers of your COVID policies and procedures in advance.
- Use posters and signage to remind customers of physical distancing at entrance, waiting areas, and counters.
- Support physical distance between customer and service advisors, cashiers and parts advisors by taping off 6 feet distance from counter. Plexiglass barriers were installed to maximize physical distancing.
- Minimize foot traffic and limit number of customers inside common areas.
- Do not let customers in work area.
- Minimize shared touch surfaces such as tablets, pens, credit cards, receipts and keys.
- Minimize customer face-to-face exposures as much as possible. Schedule service appointments by phone or email.
- Maintain physical distancing in customer lounges or waiting areas Don’t serve coffee or snacks.
- Only one customer allowed in the shuttle with face covering. Middle seat must be removed.
- Cleaning and disinfecting of vehicles should be done when:
Vehicle brought in for service and returned to customer.
Vehicle is taken for a test drive.
Used vehicle in taken in for trade or auction.
- Consider vehicles as “hot spots” with high touch surfaces and confined areas
- Customers should declutter vehicles before service to minimize staff contact with items inside the vehicle.
- Have customers stay in vehicle until staff is ready for the servicing and disinfect vehicle immediately upon entry to service area.
- Repeat disinfection after servicing.
- Vehicle loaner practice should be restricted. If dealership cars are loaned to customers, use disinfection procedure listed above upon return to the dealership.
- Use disposable wheel covers and shift covers, if available.
- Disinfect cars received via delivery trucks or other services per cleaning procedures described below.
Disinfection of Vehicle
- Clean using the appropriate EPA approved material for the surface:
- Door handles, inside and out
- Steering wheel
- Seat belts and buckles
- Any push buttons on dash and doors
- Cruise control and wiper shield control
- Glove box and center controls
- Shift levers and knobs
- Hazard lights and buttons
- Cup holders
- Create a designated “touch-free” drop spot for parts deliveries.
- Have two separate areas to separate and segment parts.
Clean for customers
Unclean area for receipt of parts from OEM and other vendors
- Vendors should not have anyone inside the premises unless they have an explicit manager invitation.
- All parts drivers must wear a mask when dropping off parts at a customer’s business.
- Schedule sales appointments by phone or email if possible.
- Dealership test-drive policy to exclude personnel ride along.
- Disinfect vehicle after test drive. See disinfection guidance above.
- To the extent possible, conduct online and telephone customer communication to minimize face-to-face interactions.
- Limit customers in showroom at any one time to 5 to 8 depending on showroom size. Conduct sales and service business by appointment only at this time. Call ahead for urgent service visits.
- Keep limited number of vehicles in showroom to enhance physical distancing.
- Vehicles in the showroom are also high-touch surfaces and need regular wiping down.
- Operate with reduced sales personnel in showroom, other personnel can work remotely.
- Conduct vehicle delivery paperwork in a spacious area for customer to review – sign – return, while maintaining physical distance of 6 feet. Do not share pens.